Hello, fellow minimalists. This is Mark from Minimalist Living, and today I have a terrifying tale to share with you. It’s a Halloween special based on a true story. It’s about how I injured myself while eating yogurt in supper. Yes, you read that right. Yogurt. The most innocent and simple of foods. But as you know, minimalism is not always easy. Sometimes, it can be downright dangerous.


How It All Began

As you may recall, I am currently serving in the military and have less than two months of this hell left, but enough of that. Let me cut to the chase and share my latest experience. I completed today’s service while on duty at the barracks and was granted some leisure time.

I decided to go to the brigade canteen to have a supper. I got a fat load of yogurt and some muesli to go with it. I sat down to eat and the muesli had some massive raisins in them. I didn’t think much of it and started scooping it into my mouth.

The Moment of Horror

At some point I took a massive scoop of yogurt with large raisins. Little did I know this would change my life. The largest raisin somehow ended up behind my posterior teeth right on my gums while I was chewing the muesli. The results were catastrophic.

The raisin was so hard and sharp that it pierced through my gum and hit a nerve. I felt a searing pain in my mouth that made me scream out loud. Blood started gushing out of my wound and dripping onto my yogurt. The raisin was still stuck in there, mocking me with its wrinkled surface.

I tried to pull it out with my fingers, but it was too slippery and deep. I ran to the bathroom, hoping to find some tweezers or something to get it out. But there was nothing there. Just a sink, a mirror, and a toilet.

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a horror show. My mouth was swollen and bloody, and the raisin was still visible behind my teeth. I felt like I was in a nightmare.

The Lesson Learned

I managed to get to the infirmary, where they gave me some painkillers and removed the raisin with surgical tools. They told me I had to get stitches and take antibiotics for a week. They also told me to avoid eating anything hard or sticky for a while.

I was so ashamed and angry at myself. How could I let this happen? How could I be so careless? How could a raisin ruin my life?

I realized then that minimalism is not just about having less stuff. It’s also about being more careful and mindful of what you eat and do. It’s about avoiding unnecessary risks and complications. It’s about living a simple and safe life.

So, fellow minimalists, learn from my mistake. Don’t let a raisin ruin your life. Be careful with what you put in your mouth. And always check your muesli for hidden dangers.

Until next time, this is Mark from Minimalist Living, signing off.