Are you tired of the clutter and stress of modern life? Do you want to simplify your existence and focus on what really matters? Do you want to save money, reduce waste, and help the environment?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you might be interested in the latest trend in minimalism: living in a dumpster.
Yes, you read that right. Living in a dumpster is not only possible, but also beneficial for your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. In this article, we will show you how to achieve true minimalism by living in a dumpster, and why you should consider it as your next lifestyle choice.
What is a dumpster?
A dumpster is a large metal container that is used to collect and transport waste materials. They are usually found near construction sites, businesses, or apartment buildings. They come in different sizes and shapes, depending on the type and amount of waste they can hold.
Why live in a dumpster?
Living in a dumpster has many advantages over living in a conventional house or apartment. Here are some of them:
- You don’t have to pay rent or mortgage. You can save thousands of dollars every year by living rent-free in a dumpster. You can use that money to travel, invest, or donate to charity.
- You don’t have to worry about bills or utilities. You don’t need electricity, water, gas, or internet when you live in a dumpster. You can use solar panels, rain barrels, propane tanks, or public Wi-Fi to meet your basic needs.
- You don’t have to deal with maintenance or repairs. You don’t have to fix leaky pipes, broken windows, or faulty appliances when you live in a dumpster. You can just move to another dumpster if something goes wrong.
- You don’t have to clean or organize. You don’t have to dust, vacuum, or mop when you live in a dumpster. You can just throw away anything you don’t need or want.
- You don’t have to own or store anything. You don’t need furniture, clothes, books, or gadgets when you live in a dumpster. You can just use what you find or borrow from others.
- You don’t have to follow any rules or regulations. You don’t have to abide by any zoning laws, building codes, or HOA rules when you live in a dumpster. You can do whatever you want, whenever you want.
How to live in a dumpster?
Living in a dumpster is not as hard as it sounds. You just need to follow these simple steps:
- Find a suitable dumpster. Look for a dumpster that is large enough for you and your belongings, preferably with a lid and wheels. Avoid dumpsters that are too full, too dirty, too smelly, or too dangerous.
- Prepare your dumpster. Clean and disinfect your dumpster with bleach and water. Cut out some windows and doors for ventilation and access. Add some insulation and padding for comfort and warmth.
- Decorate your dumpster. Make your dumpster cozy and inviting with some rugs, pillows, curtains, and plants. Add some personal touches with some photos, posters, or paintings.
- Move into your dumpster. Pack your essentials in a backpack or suitcase and move into your dumpster. Keep only what you need and love, and discard the rest.
- Enjoy your dumpster life. Live simply and happily in your dumpster. Explore your surroundings, meet new people, learn new skills, and have fun.